Mini lift, Upper-lower Blepharoplasty, Full Face Fraxel Laser
Rejuvenate skin texture & erase fine lines. This laser works below the skin’s surface from the top down, addressing imperfections like fine lines, visible photo aging, wrinkles, scarring and age spots. Fractionated light energy stimulates your skin’s natural collagen, rejuvenating skin cells below the surface to help smooth the creases and pockets that cause wrinkles and scars. The treatment is specific, only treating targeted problem areas – so the results are focused and effective. The downtime is less than the traditional CO2 laser, and multiple treatments may be required to reach optimum results. This procedure is completed in the office under local anesthesia. To keep you comfortable, we will supply you with a prescription for a cocktail of medication and apply a numbing cream to the treated area 1 hour prior to the procedure. A driver will be needed due to the medications taken.
Instructions for the Fractional CO2 Laser:
- If prone to cold sores, start Valtrex the day before
- Bring your prescription cocktail of medications with you. We will administer these at the office under our care, one hour prior to your procedure. You will need a driver.
- Do not wear any make-up. Make sure you have removed all mascara and eyeliner. Wash face with baby shampoo once you have arrived at the office to remove any residual make-up.
- Start any antibiotics and resume Valtrex at dinnertime.
- Sleep with head elevated to prevent swelling
- Apply ice compresses to lasered areas as needed for the first day
- Continually apply a thin layer of Aquaphor to the lasered area to keep it moist (for the next 3-5 days).
- Take pain medication as directed
- Facial Care-Keep Skin Moisturized
Every 4 hours (for the next 3-5 days):
Wash with Cetaphil (Removing all of Aquaphor)
Wet gauze and gently scrub any yellow/white skin crusting
Apply thin layer of Aquaphor (be sure to apply with tongue blades as, dipping fingers into tub can introduce bacteria.)
- Some areas may bleed (just apply slight pressure) scrub around it and prevent scabbing by keeping moist with Aquaphor.
- You may wear contact lenses; be extra cautious to prevent Aquaphor from dripping into your eye.
- Expect to be RED, BURNING, SWOLLEN, ITCHY, GREASY, PEELING.
- DO NOT SCRATCH LASERED AREAS-may wear gloves/socks at night.
- Do not exercise the day of treatment. You may resume in 3-5 days, only when you are free of raw areas.
- Do not apply make-up, moisturizers, or other skin care products for 7-10 days or until released by Dr. Trimas.
- Avoid any sun exposure: wear hat/sunglasses/sunscreen when outside.
The healing process will take 1-2 weeks, depending on the depth of the laser. Be patient and take time to heal. You will love your fresh, new look!